Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Model UN

I would like to take this opportunity to say thank-you to everyone in class. I had so much fun in today's Model UN, and am now really looking forward to Friday's meeting. I hope everyone else like myself left class wondering just how they could incorporate this activity into each and every one of their socials classes. (Perhaps in setting up quasi-UN's to debate the major themes from differing countries view points, at a particular point in time. i.e. Great Britain puts forth a resolution to go to war against Germany, and whether or not the world community agrees or disagrees).
I must admit I was very nervous and very concerned about exactly how we were going to do this activity, as I had no prior experience with anything along these lines. But now I just wish I had, had this experience in high school. What a great opportunity to see how world affairs are dealt with on the world stage. The need to teach our students to speak and confront authority is more prevalent in my mind now than ever.
Additionally, I would like to comment on the brilliant minds and pure balls that many in our class possess. Well done to everyone who spoke at the podium and from the audience. I am honoured to be in your company, and hope to learn even more from you over these next couple of weeks.
Cheers!

No comments: